Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cutouts

























1. Horse Unedited: 4-19-2010; 3 pm; Zepher Cove California; f 4.9; 1/400; Canon PowerShot
2. Horse Edited: Complete cutout with quick selection tool- Refined edges and drop shadow on white.
3. Tree Falls Unedited: 4-10-2010; 1 pm; Eagle Falls, California; f 4.9; 1/1250; Canon PowerShot
4. Tree Falls Edited: Partial cutout achieved with rectangle marquee tool, quick selection and layers.

For the horse cutout, I used quick selection tool and lasso to select the horse. After refining the edges, I copied and pasted to a new document, then added a drop shadow.
For the partial cutout, I selected a rectangle with the marquee tool, then created a new layer. I used the quick selection tool to select the tree, then copied it to the new layer.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go with your cutouts! I really like how you used a feather on the tail of the horse to lighten how sharp the selection can really be. I also really like the detail of the selection of the branch, even with all of the little small branches that help with the whole feel of the cutout and show your talent. They are both really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutout of the horse is great! I am impressed with how well cutout it is. That must have taken you a long time to go around all the tiny details. I also like how you took a cold icy looking river and took out the snow. Now it looks like it could be spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah! I am also way impressed how you cut out the horse, that could not have been easy. Also I think how you cut out the tree is neat. You did well especially because you picked hard subjects to cut out!
    P.S. Congrats on being Mrs. Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on your cutouts, you would have never guessed that there was a big background with the horses. You also planned out the partial cutout very well, it seems as if you thought it out well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete